Your Library Card
How to get a Library Card
- Residents of the city of Whiting and rural Whiting are eligible for a Whiting Public Library card without charge.
- The library issues a family card. All immediate family members may use the card.
- To apply for a library card, request a registration form from any staff member.
- You don't have to present your library card to check out materials.
- Borrow books, audiobooks, magazines, and cake pans for 3 weeks.
- Toys, puppets and puzzles are for in-library use, but may be checked out under special circumstances
- DVD's are checked out for 1 week. Please return brand new movies in 3 days so others may enjoy them.
- Iowa residents who live outside the service area of the Whiting Library are eligible to borrow books free of charge under the Open Access Program if they have a valid card from a participating Open Access library.
- Borrowed items may be returned during library hours, or in the book drop by the front door at your convenience.
- Any library material may be renewed unless there is a reserve on that item.
- Library users are responsible for returning materials on time. There is an overdue fee of $1.00 per day on DVD's.
- The Whiting Library does not charge a flat overdue fee on books. There is a "Conscience Box" on the front desk where you may put your late fees.
- Copy machine copies are $.25 per page.
- There is no charge to use a computer. Copies printed out are $.25 each.
- You may request books or materials for the library to buy. All suggestions will be considered.
- You may ask for any library materials to be reserved. We'll call you when it comes in.