How to get a Library Card
· Residents of the city of Whiting and rural Whiting are eligible for a Whiting Public Library card without charge.
· The library issues a family card. All immediate family members may use the card.
· To apply for a library card, request a registration form from any staff member.
· You don't have to present your library card to check out materials.
· Borrow books, audiobooks, magazines, and puzzles for three weeks.
· Toys and puppets are for in-library use, but may be checked out under special circumstances
· DVD's are checked out for one week. Please return brand new movies in three days so others may enjoy them.
· Iowa residents who live outside the service area of the Whiting Library are eligible to borrow books free of charge under the Open Access Program if they have a valid card from a participating Open Access library.
· Borrowed items may be returned during library hours, or in the book drop by the front door at your convenience.
· Any library material may be renewed unless there is a reserve on that item.
· Library users are responsible for returning materials on time.
· The Whiting Library does not charge a flat overdue fee on books. There is a "Conscience Box" on the front desk where you may put your late fees.
· Copy machine copies are $.25 per page.
· There is no charge to use a computer. Copies printed out are $.25 each.
· You may request books or materials for the library to buy. All suggestions will be considered.
· You may ask for any library materials to be reserved. We'll call you when it comes in.